Interview with Keshia L. Gaines - Author of Why are Students Not Learning on the School Bus

Can you tell us a little about your books and yourself?

Oh, sure. I am Dr. Keshia L. Gaines. I graduated from The University of Southern Mississippi with a doctorate in philosophy (Ph.D.) in Educational Leadership. I am the author of "Why are Students Not Learning on the School Bus?" and "Learning on the School Bus (the student version)." I've been in the education field for over 10 years and I enjoy teaching, writing books, and traveling.



Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

Yes, I did. My first book had a lot of research and facts on a doctorate level. I realized that many of my readers and fans could not understand some of the big words (ex. neuroscience) and research, so I decided to release a version that is easier to understand for students and the general public.

What are some challenges that you faced while writing?

Well, I think the most challenging part of writing my first and second book was the editing. I worked closely with editors and graphic designers from other states. I kept having the book revised and revised until it was almost perfect. I worked really hard on the book, so I wanted everything to look professional and to be grammatically correct. I know my editors were ready to complete the project, but I challenged my team to revise, edit, and layout the book to the highest level of professionalism.

What does “success” mean to you?

Success, to me, is to meet my goal(s). One of my goals was to finish my Ph.D., so I finished my Ph.D. Another goal was to write a book, so I published my book. Another goal was to travel and promote my book, so I travel and promote my book across the United States. Success, to me, is setting a goal and achieving the set goal. I believe that I am very successful.

What are your current projects?


I want to write a third book, but I am still working out the details. I know I want it to be in the education field, but I am still thinking about the title and the possible content.

Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?

Oh, sure. If you want to write a book, buy a pencil/pen and a small notebook. Start small. Write a page a day. Stick to your goal of a page a day and in one year, you will have a 365 page book. Add pictures and wha-lah!!! 

Also, buy a copy of my worldwide book "Learning on the School Bus" at Amazon or Barnes & Noble for an example of a good book layout.

Website: http://www.busstop2busstop.com/
Dr. Gaines’s E-mail Address: keshgaines@yahoo.com
Facebook: 
https://www.facebook.com/LearningOnTheSchoolBus?ref=hl
YouTube Video 1-TV Interview: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-6a8Q82Kpc
YouTube Video 2- News Flash: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGBhZVJsVQ4
YouTube Video 3- Book Review: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU3kIt7MXfg
Link to Clothing Line: 
http://www.zazzle.com/busstop2busstop

TO BUY THE ORIGINAL BOOK

TO BUY THE NEW WORKBOOK- ONLY $9.95

Leave a Reply