Interview with Mohit K Misra - Author of Ponder A While

1. Can you tell us a little about your books and yourself?

The name of my book is Ponder Awhile a collection of 48 spiritual poems on various aspects of life,death and God.The basic aim to show the oneness of God and Religions.



I was born and bought up in Mumbai-India.Studied in Cathedral and John Connon followed by Jai Hind College (science) before joining the Merchant Navy where I worked as a Navigating Officer. Although I come from a family of priest, fathers side being Brahmins and Mothers- Parsi priests, I was an atheist and didn't believe in the existence of God. During a voyage from South Africa to South America I gained enlightenment in the Atlantic Ocean which altered my view of life and God. I had this experience at the age of 25 and at the age of 33 I became a poet spending the next few years writing. in Pune.I have recently shifted to Dubai.

2. What inspired you to write your books?
Enlightenment, God inspired me to write. I had to share God knowledge to uplift humanity and unite religions which fought over which prophet or God was greater even though there is only one God mentioned by all religions as the Light.



3. What are some challenges that you faced while writing?
It was the most arduous thing I have ever done and will probably ever do.Would meditate 6-8 hrs a day and contemplate the rest of the time for many years. A very lonely journey as very few understood when I was writing and I was lost to this world.

4. Who or what in your life would you say influenced you the most?
The Light or God and the masters.

5. What does "success" mean to you?
Peace of mind, finding out what reason one has come on this planet and then dedicating oneself to accomplishing it.



6. What are your current projects?
I am done writing for now took me 11 years to be content with one book.

7. Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
Be truthful to yourself, write if your purpose of being here on this planet is to do so otherwise follow your call.




Leave a Reply