Interview with V G Harrison - Author of SECTION 51 (Project Solstice)

Can you tell us a little about your books and yourself?
The Project Solstice series is a combination of my love for sci-fi and paranormal. Although most of the stuff I read is paranormal, I wanted to find a way to combine the two. Section 51 is the start of the series that's probably more paranormal than sci-fi. This is where my heroine Ava Frost falls into the ultra-secretive world of Project Solstice. Department 51 picks up a few months after Section 51 and Ava is forced back into the fold.


Check out Section 51 Book.

What inspired you to write your books?
All of those other writers out there who were taking a chance with putting their love for writing out there for the world to see. It's a bit scary, but definitely worth it. No matter how these books turn out, at least I'll be able to say I tried.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I learned that I could write actually write a series without becoming bored with it. That was my biggest fear. The last thing I want to do is lose interest and leave the series unfinished.

What are some challenges that you faced while writing?
Keeping everything straight. I really need to work on a series bible because I always have to go back to previous books to check things. Also, keeping things interesting and moving forward. I want to make sure readers keep turning the pages.

Who or what in your life would you say influenced you the most?
My family. Specifically my older brother. We were Star Wars fans to the extreme. Although he never got into Star Trek like my mom and I did, I could always count on him to know as much as I knew about science fiction shows and movies as I did.

 What are your hobbies and interests away from the desk?
Movies. I'm a HUGE fan of science fiction--no surprise there--and horror movies. But I'm also very picky about my horror movies. Slasher movies bore me and the same goes with ghost stories. Unless it's smart along the lines of The Sixth Sense or Silence of the Lambs, I have no interest in seeing it.

 What do you get passionate about?
Politics and the state of the world we live in. So don't go there. :-)

 What does “success” mean to you?
I means I get to quit my job and write full-time while spending more time with my family.

What are your current projects?
I've finished my edits for Unit 51, so it's in the hands of one beta reader. I still need to get a hold of the second one. Also, I'm working on the forth book, Space 51.

Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
Know the business. Just like with any job, you can't walk into it and think you know everything you need to know because you don't and it'll show. The more you know, the less discouraged you'll be. And trust me, there will be those moments. But as long as you're prepared for them, those moments won't last long before you're back into the writing saddle again.

Feel free to connect with me online at...
Website: http://www.vgharrison.com
Blog: http://vgharrison.blogspot.com/

Want to know where to buy my books?
Amazon: Section 51
Barnes & Noble : Section 51
KoboSection 51
Smashwordshttps://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/vgharrison

Leave a Reply